Re: [lod2] World Bank Linked Data

On 16 Mar 2012, at 16:22, Sarven Capadisli wrote:

> On 12-03-16 02:19 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> Hi Sarven,
>> That's great.
>> I have added your owl:sameAs links to sameAs.org
>> (I read your Terms of Use, which seemed to a allow it, but if you want I can remove them.)
>> (http://sameas.org/?uri=http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country/AD)
>> Really gives a sense of the linkage in the LD cloud on countries.
>
> What can I say other than, thank you :)
Great :-)

> If I were to stick to a super restricted view on owl:sameAs and the fact that the country resources are just concepts (as I claim them to be skos:Concepts), it should use skos:exactMatch to DBpedia's country resource. To keep the LOD crowd happy and slightly loosen the view on the relationship between the two resources, I went ahead with owl:sameAs. Either way has its pluses and minuses and that burden is unfortunately dumped on the consumer. If there is an intelligent way to go at it while keeping a great number of people happy, I'd be glad to update things accordingly from this end.
As far as the exact predicate, I avoid venturing into what is best.
I would have done the same harvest if you had put skos:exactMatch or even skos:closeMatch.
sameAs.org is a discovery mechanism - it helps people/agents find things (I hope), and then they can choose whether they believe it!

Hmmm.
Now I notice you *do* have some skos:exactMatch and even three skis:closeMatch.
So they have gone in as well :-D
(I missed them earlier as they were not in your nice voiD file, which is the place I looked, of course :-) )
By the way, you have the 2 letter skos:exactMatch with the 3 letter (e.g. AW = ABW).
But the 3 letter (e.g. http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country/ABW) resolution has very little information.
Is this intentional?
Best
Hugh