Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

Sorry that I have not been able to follow this thread, but now that Elena
pointed out to some work that we have been doing in the validation of
geographical links, I can share my view.

In my opinion it is not always easy to generate a game with a purpose that
actually engages people in some of these tasks, and the difficulty lies
exactly in finding good games for that. I was trying the ones sent by Jens
but could not find easily what to do, but this doesn't mean anything else
than given how busy I was when checking I had not enough time to spend on
trying to understand well the game (I am probably not the person that this
type of game is addressing).

In the meantime, anyway, I think that using some form of "human computation"
is still something that can be applied (we are doing it successfully for our
link validation tasks for linked geographical data, as pointed by Elena here
http://oegdev.dia.fi.upm.es:8080/sameAs/, and people are very good at
checking those things).

Oscar

PS: Again, sorry for having missed the thread and not being able to read
through it quickly given the high traffic that it has generated. I hope not
to have repeated something that was already said, or not to open many other
threads ;-)

--

Oscar Corcho
Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)