 From: Elena Simperl <elena.simperl@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
To: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>; Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com>; Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>; "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>; Oscar Corcho <ocorcho@fi.upm.es>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: Can we create better links by playing games?

Am 20.06.2012 17:10, schrieb Gannon Dick:
I think the "games" are very helpful for geo classification.  Meta data links are a monte carlo integration.  The further you step back to include more identifiers the less discriminating the identifiers become, and some may be ignored, or replaced with an unlinked generic substitution.  The worldview of a Football Fan and a Government Policy Wonk don't begin the same, but they can end with the same organization.
>http://www.rustprivacy.org/2012/cctld/psp/
>

>I really liked the SmartCities idea.
>--Gannon

There is also work done by UPM in Madrid on validating links between geospatial data sets using human computation

http://oegdev.dia.fi.upm.es:8080/sameAs/ (just pick a random user
    id, and a data set).

>________________________________

                    Semantic Web, IEEE Intelligent Systems,
                    2008.

                    http://ontogame.sti2.at/games/, still work? The more
                    data
                    and the Semantic Web in general.

                    there?

>>> iand is working on a game:
>>>
>>> http://blog.iandavis.com/2012/05/21/wolfie/

Is that relevant? :)

>I guess I was reaching a bit there :)
>
>I think it's just a fun project at the moment.  But
                  you never know how things will develop, look at the
                  explosion of minecraft.  Also written by one of the
                  top linked data experts in the world ... so you can
                  only hope! :)

>One thing that I think could be really good is if
                  inked geo browser (also aksw) were somehow gamified.

--
Dr. Elena Simperl
Assistant Professor