Re: A New HTTP Status Code for Legally-restricted Resources

On 6/12/12 11:17 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> 3.  451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons
>
>    This status code indicates that the server is subject to legal
>    restrictions which prevent it servicing the request.
>
>    Since such restrictions typically apply to all operators in a legal
>    jurisdiction, the server in question may or may not be an origin
>    server.  The restrictions typically most directly affect the
>    operations of ISPs and search engines.

>    the response body, of the details of the legal restriction; which
>    legal authority is imposing it, and what class of resources it
>    applies to.  For example:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-00

Nice find! Also cc'd in LOD and DBpedia lists.

 From time to time, we get requests to remove entries from DBpedia and
DBpedia-Live. Typically, if the page is deleted from Wikipedia it gets
deleted automatically from the live editions and manually via the static
edition. That said, I envisage a time when there's a deadlock re.
Wikipedia content and a legal "cease and desist" notice sent to DBpedia
-- in which case this code could be very useful :-)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen