Re: Decommissioning a linked data site

On 5/31/12 4:20 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> On 31 May 2012, at 09:02, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>> You can definitely keep the dataset entry on CKAN there. We don't have
>> it now but one could introduce a special state of "archived" which
>> would then mean that the entry was kept but clearly marked as
>> archived.
>
> +1 to a new state for this. Maybe call it “discontinued” or “decommissioned” instead of “archived”? Seems to be more accurate.

+1 for "decommissioned". And apparently it is a word that attracts more attention than my vague "moving" in the previous thread ;-)

@Rufus, would you also recommend a prefered entry on CKAN to indicate the "newer" dataset (e.g. for linking [1] to [2])?

Antoine

[1] http://thedatahub.org/dataset/stitch-rameau
[2] http://thedatahub.org/dataset/data-bnf-fr