Re: Linked Data Business Models?

On 7/29/12 7:08 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

>     I DO NOT WORRY ABOUT DATA ANYMORE, this chapter is closed.
>     now can use my energy to build a thesaurus about zen :)
>
>     I DO NOT WORRY ABOUT API ANYMORE. sparql endpoint is in place.
>     i even have an own template engine (JSP-Writer for OpenRDF Sesame)
>     which fullfills all my needs.
>

> Re I don't worry about API any more, how do you manage access to your
> data?
>
> The usage monitoring aspects of it particularly, that are enabled by
> an api token in other circumstances.

WebID replaces the API key, completely. A de-reference of your WebID
still leaves an entry in an HTTP log. WebID ACLs control who and what
has access to your datain ways that are only limited by our imagination,
thanks to the power of EAV/RDF model based structured data
representation combined with entity relationship semantics.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/M7hd4T -- WebID ACL posts that shows the use of social
relationship semantics to control resource access.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen