Re: URIs for languages

For English and Spanish, the ISO codes should work well. Depending on the
level of granularity you require for Arabic, the codes provided might not
be enough.
Next week, we well release Glottolog/Langdoc[1], which will provide
information about 104k 'languoids' (languages, dialects, families) from
over 100 classifications as Linked Data, with 21k languoids in the primary
tree 'MPI Composite 2011'.

I realise that for this particular use case ISO 639-2/3 would probably be
enough; the focus of Glottolog/Langdoc is more on severely underdescribed
languages, which are by definition not used very often for 'language a
document is written in'

Best wishes
Sebastian

[1] http://glottolog.livingsources.org un&pw:glottolog, might sporadically