Re: create HTML based on RDF?

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 5/6/11 7:53 AM, Egon Willighagen wrote:
>> A very simple approach is to use standard web software, which everyone
>> has installed already: a normal webbrowser, a normal webserver,
>> RDF/XML, and XSLT.
>
> What is a normal Web Server? Linked Data is about a different Web dimension.

Sorry... linguistic differences... I was thinking about 'common'
rather that normal... in Dutch they are close together, and I am
clearly tired :)

> Even on the conventional front, how many people manage their own Web Server?

Indeed, that's one thing why I like the RDF/XML+XSLT approach, because
any HTML hosting service will do.

>> E.g. checkout this Resource:
>>
>> http://rdf.openmolecules.net/?InChI=1/CH4/h1H4
>
> What's increasingly lost re. Linked Data is that every resource needs to be
> a structured data source where information and data sources are decoupled.

That was in fact understood to be the setting. I am using unstructured
data sources with RDF too, e.g. using a Semantic MediaWiki. The
suggested RDF/XML+XSLT solution is by no means the only one. And, as
you know, I am using Virtuoso for certain use cases too :)

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher