Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 19 June 2011 22:10, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Personally, I just don't loose sleep over schema.org, its a great
> contribution that ultimately simplifies comprehension of the Data Space
> dimension. Remember, we humans don't do well with prevention, we prefer cure
> (via pills ideally) that are immediately available once calamities manifest
> :-)

I agree entirely - even though the motivation for schema.org is in
that rather iffy ground around SEO, if it encourages to people to
publish more data then it has to be a win. We've been in many similar
situations before, typically where the syntax was considered the weak
point. So this time around there's a bit of messiness around the
semantics - but that has to be secondary to having something out there
to start with.

>> In any case there is a problem of translation that has to be dealt with
>> first.
>
> Yes-ish.

A very accurate response, imho :)

Cheers,