Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 6/19/11 1:39 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2011, at 14:04, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> Er. we use it :-)
>>
>> The problem with this whole Linked Data thing is that its truly Ninja tech.
>>
>> The killer conductor of value is the LINK. This lethal weapon applies to all dimensions of the Web:
>>
>> 1. Information Space
>> 2. Data Space
>> 3. Knowledge Space.
>>
>> Trouble is, where do we find strong anecdotes for a cross dimensional lethal weapon? I try to use Stars Wars and the FORCE at times, but even that doesn't quite nail what we are dealing with here. Thus, we could take another approach i.e., embrace and extend what we know is anomalous since the AWWW architecture (FORCE) actually lets us do this anyway.
> That's a fun way of describing things.

Fun is one mechanism for stimulating attention an route to unveiling new
insights and innovations :-)

> But we have to be careful not to hype things too much, or we risk being tied into the 1980 AI hype space, and then nobody will listen anymore.

I certainly don't have that in mind.

The only tweak I would make is: s/Ninja/Jedi, since Star Wars and its
underlying mythology remains a great source of anecdotal material to me
when I try to explain what's happening across the WWW's many dimensions.

> Perhaps a more scientific way to express this is within the language of self-organising systems.

Every audience might not be scientifically inclined, at least not in an
obvious way. Thus, as you can see, there isn't one way. We have to find
and accommodate a plethora of narratives and associated anecdotes.

> There is a lot of research there which is relevant to us.
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_organising_systems

Nice find, that is certainly representative of what's happening.

Kingsley

> I am a bit new to this area. Any books I must read?

> Henry
>

> Social Web Architect
> http://bblfish.net/

President&  CEO