Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:46:05 -0400
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
In case anyone's not aware, the TAG is working in the area being
discussed on this thread - i.e. on deployment and performance of
linked data nose-following and the possible conflict with current
metadata practices - as its issue 57,
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57 . In my analysis it's
a notational and protocol issue, not a logical or philosophical one.
To frame the discussion I'm preparing a document that collects
multiple complete solution proposals in what I hope is a neutral form.
The idea Richard C puts forth, as well as the one advanced last fall
by Ian Davis, and something equivalent to the :at idea from Alan's
message, are all included, among others.

I have been waiting to announce this work on public-lod until I can
prepare a new draft incorporating feedback I've received over the past
few weeks, but given the volume of email on this thread I felt I had
to say something about it now. If you are impatient and can't wait for
the next draft, take a look at the current one, which you can find
linked from the issue page named above. I invite discussion of it on
the www-tag@w3.org list.

Best
Jonathan