Re: Using Facebook Data Objects to illuminate Linked Data add-on re. structured data

On 6/13/11 3:05 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:

>     {
>       "id": "605980750",
>       "name": "Kingsley Uyi Idehen",
>       "first_name": "Kingsley",
>       "middle_name": "Uyi",
>       "last_name": "Idehen",
>       "link": "https://www.facebook.com/kidehen",
>       "username": "kidehen",
>       "gender": "male",
>       "locale": "en_US"
>     }
>
>     Some observations:
>
>     "id" attribute has value "605980750", this value means little on
>     its own outside Facebook's data space.
>

> But add an @base and it would be totally fine. It's a relative ID. And
> it's better, I contend, than your proposed
> https://www.facebook.com/kidehen#this, because it doesn't rely on your
> username staying the same, or http/https, or this hash/slash/query
> minutia or even facebook.com <http://facebook.com> remaining the
> domain name!

Yes, aesthetically there are many way to skin this rat :-)

The most important point though is that Facebook too is publishing
structured data that's fodder to transformation that serves other needs
e.g. high fidelity linked data.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com