Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

On Jun 12, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

>>> Well, I can define a class that contains both people (in the foaf:Person sense) and names of people (that is, string literals).
>>
>> Of course. But you didn't, did you? You (that is, Schema.org) said that the range of the property was one of these and NOT the other. Which is what I was complaining about.
>
> Where is it said that the range is one and not the other?

Well, if you say the range is xsd:string, then anything which is a value has to be a string, right? As for example (taken at random)

schema:cookingMethod a rdf:Property;
    rdfs:label "Cooking Method"@en;
    rdfs:comment "The method of cooking, such as Frying, Steaming, ..."@en;
    rdfs:domain schema:Recipe;
    rdfs:range xsd:string;
    rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://schema.org/Recipe>;

This says that the range is xsd:string, so nothing other than an xsd string will be acceptable here.

Am I missing something?

Pat