Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Michael Hausenblas
<michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> Thanks a lot for the comments we received so far, both here and (even more)
> off-list. Now, to make our life a bit easier, may I ask you to provide
> suggestions concerning the mapping (or feature requests alike) directly to
> the Github [1]? Of course, if you're more into it, feel free to clone the
> repo and issue a pull request.
>
> As you can imagine, this is a community endeavour - we just happened to kick
> it off ;)

Actually, I'm also going to point out that the W3C asked for EU
funding about a year ago for something *very* similar  - and at the
time had the interest even of Google - for hosting a RDF version of
something quite similar to schema.org. But thanks to the wonderful
judgement of the reviewers of EU proposals and the Semantic Web
academic community, we weren't given funding :)

Obviously Google and friends see a good opportunity here to actually
make a place to find structured data vocabularies on the Web. While I
wish they had better support for RDFa, I can see that the whole
RDFa/microdata/microformats lack of convergence is causing a confusing
mess for ordinary webmasters.

                       cheers,
                            harry