Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

On 6/7/11 11:26 AM, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Kingsley, you lost me once again :(
>
> From the URI you provide I follow my nose to
> http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.org%2FPerson%23this
>
> Which as it says provides a description of the resource identified by
> http://schema.org/Person#this, including the following triple :
>
> <http://schema.org/Person#this>  rdf:type
> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class>
>
> AFAIK, http://schema.org/Person#this is no more declared as an RDFS
> class than http://schema.org/Person. Actually since
> <http://schema.org/Person> is currently an information resource per
> its answer to http GET, I wonder what http://schema.org/Person#this
> actually identifies, since there is no actual #this anchor in the page.

In anticipation of RDFa or Microdata based resource, we use a #
terminated URI. Remember, we don't control the domains hosting these
data sets, so we simply adopted # terminated URIs based Names to
distinguish from Address of the actual Data (Resource) via usual Linked
Data patterns (where Names deliver de-reference / indirection function
and Addresses deliver address-of).

> Tweaking a new URI to explicit the semantics of
> http://schema.org/Person is OK, but this new URI has to be in a
> namespace you control etc.

Yes, as per my comments above.

I once made a comment about an owl:shameAs pattern whereby you make pure
Linked Data in one data space that includes owl:sameAs relations where
the Object is really a suggestion/hint URI to the 3rd party data space.

First step is to start the conversation, it might so happen that
http://schema.org/Person#this will resolve to a Microdata resource, in
due course. If it doesn't, we'll pull the trigger on owl:shameAs :-)

Kingsley

> Bernard
>

> 2011/6/7 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>>
>

>     Here is an example of an updated tweak [1] of what we did with
>     Google's initial foray into this realm combined with recent
>     developments at: schema.rdfs.org <http://schema.rdfs.org>.
>
>     Note, anyone can yank out this data, tweak, and then share
>     (ideally via Web in pure Linked Data form). I'll be sending an
>     archive to Micheal and Co. post hitting send button re. this mail.
>
>     Links:
>
>     1.
>     http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.rdfs.org%2Fall&p=2&lp=4&first=&op=0&gp=2
>     <http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.rdfs.org%2Fall&p=2&lp=4&first=&op=0&gp=2>