Re: iCloud and RDF

On 6/7/11 6:10 AM, Daniel Schwabe wrote:
> In today's iCloud announcement, Apple mentioned that it will offer key-value storage, and access through an iCloud API. I wonder how RDF will fit into this...
> Any ideas/info? Has anybody looked at the API?

Daniel,

Once the API is released, like other APIs, its good fodder for
transformation into Linked Data and/or Addresses for RESTful interaction
patterns. Many years ago the SIOC ontology was enhanced in anticipation
of these kinds API oriented developments :-)

As you can see, a long time ago it was RDBMS vendors and their APIs that
drove data access realm. We now have lots of alternative data source
types with Linked Data providing a powerful mechanism for virtualization
across heterogeneous data sources.

Putting distracting syntax battles aside, Linked Data is delivering an
alternative (and more powerful route) to a long sought destination re.
ability to construct network oriented linked data structures that
provide the critical underpinnings for InterWeb scale distributed data
objects.

As folks start to see that RDF neither primogenitor nor sole option re.
Linked Data, the real evolution of the Web into a Global Data Space will
be much clearer and easier for everyone to appreciate and actually embrace.

Kingsley
> Cheers
> ---
>

> Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
> Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225<br>
> Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
> http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com