Re: Introducing Vocabularies of a Friend (VOAF)

Hello all

Points taken. Somehow changed the headings and itroduction at
http://www.mondeca.com/foaf/voaf-doc.html
to make more explicit what is is about (hopefully).

I did not change (yet) either VOAF acronym or namespace. To tell the truth,
my first idea was LOV for Linked Open Vocabularies, but I guess some would
have found that pun confusing too.
Sorry to keep on pushing puns and portmanteau(s?), from the "Semantopic Map"
(back in 2001, maybe some folks here remember it, it's offline now) to
"hubjects" ... Maybe it's not a good idea after all.

So if I sum up the feedback so far
- there is no question the dataset is worth it
- the introduction is a bit confusing (changed a couple of things, let's see
if it's better or worse)
- the name is totally confusing for some not-so-dumb people, so go figure
waht happens to not-so-smart ones :)

I'm open to all suggestions to change to something better. Is LOV a good
idea?
Other proposals :

LV or LVoc : Linked Vocabularies
WOV : Web of Vocabularies