Re: Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?

Hi Peter!

I suggest using DC terms for as much as possible for these kinds of
things (information resource descriptions with related
representations).

So instead of txn:hasPDFVersion, this may be more generally understood:

  <http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ses/v6n7p#OriginalDescription>
    dct:hasFormat
<http://assets.geospecies.org/spec_concept_uuid/603bebac-cc44-4168-bbf7-b11b976f9d79/Felis_concolor_Linnaeus_1771.pdf>
.

  <http://assets.geospecies.org/spec_concept_uuid/603bebac-cc44-4168-bbf7-b11b976f9d79/Felis_concolor_Linnaeus_1771.pdf>
    dct:format "application/pdf" .

Specifying the file size could also be beneficial (given your
potential use cases). I'm not sure about any better property than
dct:extent, although it's vague on the range (so the value should be
datatyped as "bytes" or similar). I'd also suggest looking at either
AtomOwl's awol:length or dcat's dcat:size/dcat:bytes as well.

.. Note the semantical similarity to how one in Atom would write something like:

  <link rel="alternate"
href="http://assets.geospecies.org/spec_concept_uuid/603bebac-cc44-4168-bbf7-b11b976f9d79/Felis_concolor_Linnaeus_1771.pdf"
type="application/pdf" length="1234567"/>

Also, I'd use dct:creator instead of txn:hasAuthorURI, and dct:created
with an xsd:gYear-literal instead of txn:year:

  <http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ses/v6n7p#OriginalDescription>
    dct:creator <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Carl_Linnaeus>;
    dct:created "1771"^^xsd:gYear .

All of this could (at least to some extent) also be inferred given
appropriate ontology statements (such as owl:equivalentProperty or
some N3 formulae for the PDF bits) about the txn properties. But
unless a high level of terseness is achieved, I think using the DC
terms directly gives more uniform data (easier to integrate and so
on).

(Finally, your example has "wdrs:describedBy", which I don't think
exists. AFAIK, it should be the all lowercased "wdrs:describedby".)

Best regards,
Niklas Lindström