Re: How To Do Deal with the Subjective Issue of Data Quality?

On 4/7/11 2:58 PM, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     All,
>
>     Apologies for cross posting this repeatedly. I think I have a typo
>     free heading for this topic.
>

> Ok, I'll give you points for trying so hard.  But I feel duty-bound to
> point out to you that cross-posting is generally considered bad form
> for a reason.  Apologizing doesn't really make it good form.

Context is important. Unfortunately, trying to do the right thing in
cyberspace just worsens matters, exponentially.

I was trying assist someone else who seems to be preoccupied with the
subject matter in question but simply won't take my suggestion re.
starting a new thread.

Two typo ladden headings later, here we are :-(

>     Increasingly, the issue of data quality pops up as an impediment
>     to Linked Data value proposition comprehension and eventual
>     exploitation.
>

> Precise formal definitions would be a good start.  "Data" can mean
> just about anything.
>
> -Gregg

Yes, in a nutshell.

President&  CEO