Re: Vocabulary for Search Results

Hi Bernhard,

the Recommendation Ontology[1] provides a basic concept to represent and
describe recommendations on different levels of detail. As search can be
seen as a specific kind of recommendation (this is especially my point
of view, however, there are some similar views especially in the last
few years, e.g. [2]), this ontology might fit your requirements.
There is a general recommendation concept, rec:Recommendation, which can
be used to describe unordered recommendation results (search results).
Furthermore, there is a ranked recommendation concept,
rec:RankedRecommendation, which can be used to describe recommendation
results (search results) with help of a specific ordered list.
One can also think about to extend this ontology explicitly to search
results. However, in my opinion the modelling should be the other way
around. That means, search results are specialized recommendation results.

Cheers,

Bob

[1] http://purl.org/ontology/rec/recommendationontology.html
[2] http://technocalifornia.blogspot.com/2010/09/end-of-age-of-search.html