Re: Contd: Next version of the LOD cloud diagram. Please provide input, so that your dataset is included.

  On 9/5/10 6:30 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>  wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> See: http://www.ckan.net/group/lod
>>
>> Why: Linking Open Data?
>>
>> It should be: Linked Open Data . Or just: Linked Data (bearing in all the data sets might not be open).
> The name and description goes back the SWEO interest group, which was
> called that. If you take the "open" out of it (which I would oppose)
> then I don't think you should reference the interest group, since
> their interest was in "open".
>
> http://esw.w3.org/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData
>
> -Alan

Alan,

It's the "Linking" rather than "Linked" aspect I am concerned about.

LOD should stand for: Linked Open Data, not Linking Open Data.

Like most technical projects, "Linking Open Data" is a misnomer :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen