Re: CORS Enabled - Update

On 10/28/10 7:56 AM, Nathan wrote:
> Thanks to Michael Hausenblas we now have:
>
>   http://enable-cors.org/
>
> This includes full details on how to enable cors, a tool to check, and
> a list of ontologies, data sets, sparql endpoints and services which
> are all cors enabled.
>
> esw page is still live and can be considered the "working version" of
> enable-cors.org.
>
> Best,
>
> Nathan

Great.

Michael: Its URIBurner as opposed to URI Burner :-)

All:

We do have to shed some light on the security vulnerability aspects of
this feature, making "*" the default pattern does introduce issues such
as loss of forensic fidelity (accorded by HTTP logs). In the jungle
known as the InterWeb there is always room for deliberate or inadvertent
denial of service. Thus, servers need to be able to protect themselves
with high fidelity via configuration.

Some Links worth digesting:

1. http://arunranga.com/examples/access-control/ -- Nice access control
note and sanity check

Kingsley

> Nathan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We've created a page at http://esw.w3.org/CORS_Enabled detailing how
>> to get CORS enabled and also existing services, sparql endpoints,
>> datasets and ontologies that are all javascript accessible. There
>> will also be a full website dedicated to this in the near future
>> (thanks to Micheal Hausenblas) which will hold this information,
>> more, and tools to test.
>>
>> If you see anything missing, or have anything to add, please do
>> update the page or send give me a nudge and I'll update for you.
>>
>> Reminder, we want to be able to color everything in the lod cloud
>> diagram [1] green to signify that it's javascript friendly. Thus, if
>> you have if in your control to CORS enable any of these data sets,
>> please do and let us know :)
>>
>> Likewise, we're looking for all ontologies to be CORS enabled, if
>> they're not then js clients can't reason and have no awareness of
>> your great ontologies.
>>
>> Best & many thanks for the fantastic effort and quick turn around so
>> far,
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>> [1] http://richard.cyganiak.de/2007/10/lod/lod-datasets_2010-09-22.html

President&  CEO