Re: FW: Failed to port datastore to RDF, will go Mongo

On 11/24/10 8:29 AM, William Waites wrote:
> ... on the plus side, Friedrich wrote:
>
> ] * Lots of coolness, sucking up to linked data people.
>
> I don't see these as particularly good things in themselves. The
> solutions have to be obviously technically sound and convenient to
> use. Drinking the kool-aid is not helpful.
>
> * [2010-11-24 08:05:08 -0500] Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>  écrit:
> ]
> ] Is your data available as a dump?
>
> UK data for 2009 that I made is available at:
>
>     http://semantic.ckan.net/dataset/cra/2009/dump.nt.bz2
>     http://semantic.ckan.net/dataset/cra/2009/dump.nq.bz2
>
> But this was done more or less by hand and repurposing the CSV ->
> SDMX (this was done before QB became best practice)  scripts is not
> easy. Still, from a modeling perspective they might be a good starting
> point.
>
> But having to ask a question in the right place and the answer being a
> good starting point is maybe different from doing a google search and
> finding easy to follow recipes that can immediately plugged into some
> web app.
>
> Cheers,
> -w
William,

What does MySQL 4 do with this data that can't be done with a moderately
capable RDF quad / triplestore?

If I am going to run rings around this thing, I need a starting point :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen