RE: [open-bibliography] ANN: British National Bibliography

Richard

I've investigated this issue. As William points out, this has to do with the source data, not the RDF/XML representation or the conversion.

The record you found was created prior to publication for the British National Bibliography (BNB), on the assumption that it would be published in the UK and would be part of the Library's legal deposit intake. It may worth pointing out that records created prior to publication, on the basis of information provided by the publisher, sometimes contain inaccurate data.

The item was however published in the United States and was ineligible for the BNB. The BL subsequently purchased this item; this has been catalogued and correctly attributed. When I searched our "Search our catalogue" under the title "Presenting XML", your book was the first hit.
http://searchbeta.bl.uk/

We will take steps to delete the incorrect record from our catalogue but it will remain in our rdf/xml dataset until we update this data. William may want to delete it from his version of our data set.

Hope this helps.

Corine

Corine Deliot
Metadata Standards Analyst