Re: Google Refine 2.0

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:34:20 +0000
To: David Huynh <dfhuynh@google.com>
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi David,

Congratulations on getting the 2.0 release out. I'm looking forward to
working with it some more.

Kingsley asked about extensions. You've already mentioned the work
done at DERI, and I've previously pointed at the reconciliation API I
built over the Talis Platform [1].

I used Refines' excellent plugin architecture to create a simple
upload tool for loading Talis Platform stores. This hooks into both
core Gridworks and the DERI RDF extension to support POSTing of the
RDF to a service. Code is just a proof of concept [2] but I have a
more refined version that I parked briefly whilst awaiting the 2.0
release.

I think this nicely demonstrates how open Refine is as tool.

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://www.ldodds.com/blog/2010/08/gridworks-reconciliation-api-implementation/
[2]. https://github.com/ldodds/gridworks-talisplatform