Re: clarification on the use of fragments

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:24:40 -0500
To: nathan@webr3.org
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>>
>> In the interest of clarification, the reason that some of us advocate
>> *not* putting several resources in one file using fragments is that it
>> then becomes difficult to serve (standard web) pages that give only
>> information about one resource, because the server doesn't see the
>> fragment id.
>
> Yes, if you want one thing described per file, then describe one thing per
> file, if you want two things described per file, then don't be surprised
> when that file describes two things, rather than one.

Not that we disagree, but I wanted to point out that it isn't "you"
the author who we are concerned about surprising. It is the consumer -
the person who goes to see what the resource means. To my mind,
anything more than one resource described in a response will likely
confuse someone you don't want to confuse (the customer).

-Alan