Re: Is 303 really necessary?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:18:06 +0000
To: Vasiliy Faronov <vfaronov@gmail.com>
CC: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com>, Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>
Vasiliy Faronov wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
>> The other way of looking at it, is that the once clear message of:
>>
>>    Don't use /slash URIs for things, use fragments, and if you flat out
>>    refuse to do this then at least use the 303 to keep distinct names
>>
>> has been totally lost.
>
> I've never encountered this "clear message" before. Can you please point
> me to a couple of places where it is clearly stated?

Perhaps just a very short time ago, in response to the OP:

   Your post only presents one side of the story and I was hoping to hear
   "pro and con". On www-tag we have 6 years of impassioned defense of
   the 200-means-web-page story and hash URIs - did no one come to their
   defense in the public-lod thread? If not, how did the thread get to
   be so long?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Nov/0037.html