Re: Is 303 really necessary?

Hi Nathan,

On 4 November 2010 18:08, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> You see it's not about what we say, it's about what other say, and if 10
>  huge corps analyse the web and spit out billions of triples saying
> that anything 200 OK'd is a document, then at the end when we consider
> the RDF graph of triples, all we're going to see is one statement saying
> something is a "nonInformationResource" and a hundred others saying it's
> a document and describing what it's about together with it's format and
> so on.

Are you suggesting that Linked Data crawlers could/should look at the
status code and use that to infer new statements about the resources
returned? If so, I think that's the first time I've seen that
mentioned, and am curious as to why someone would do it. Surely all of
the useful information is in the data itself.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds