Re: Is 303 really necessary?

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:22:09PM +0000, Ian Davis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The subject of this email is the title of a blog post I wrote last
> night questioning whether we actually need to continue with the 303
> redirect approach for Linked Data. My suggestion is that replacing it
> with a 200 is in practice harmless and that nothing actually breaks on
> the web. Please take a moment to read it if you are interested.

cf. other discussion about RDF URI References and IRIs,
where a resource is given an IRI that is not a valid
URI as far as HTTP is concerned we can't dereference it
properly so we need some kind of document -> description
indirection... Though in general I think the best practice
is only to give resources IRIs that are also valid URIs...

Cheers,
-w