Re: Java Framework for Content Negotiation

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:27:38 +0100
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
To: Angelo Veltens <angelo.veltens@online.de>

On 20 May 2010, at 13:38, Angelo Veltens wrote:
> I might have a non-information resource http://example.org/resource/
> foo
>
> I could place a REST-Webservice there and do content negotiation
> with @GET / @Produces Annotations. But this seems not correct to me,
> because it is a non-information resource and not a html or rdf/xml
> document. So it should never return html or rdf/xml but do a 303
> redirect to an information resource instead, doesn't it?

I second Michael's recommendation to have a look at the Cool URIs for
SemWeb document, in particular this section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#r303gendocument

But also:
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#hashuri
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#choosing

If you can build your site with hash URIs rather than 303 redirects, I
highly recommend doing so.

Best,
Richard