Re: National Identification Number URIs ( NIN URIs )

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Deborah MacPherson <debmacp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea.
> In the US all of the police and law enforcement organizations have unique
> ID's, which the Nlets network has geo-encoded, which in turn helps build
> more intelligent GIS data.
> I work in the building industry with a focus on life safety and fire
> departments - specifically exchanging open floor plans. But fire departments
> don't have nationwide unique IDs. Let alone world wide.
> The more simple solutions that can be created like you have proposed, the
> easier it will be at some point to create maps between "all countries have
> code points in different schemes" so urgent messages can be directed where
> they need to go at a moments notice.

Well yeah.
I guess the victim's families would pretty much love that. Today.

Creating simple URI schemes that can be transmitted via word-of-mouth
is crucial at moments like these. I am working with a large team now
and asking them to craft URIs for their data would go a long way if
those URIs were globally meaningful.

As you say, they could become some sort of discovery hub... or
messaging platform.

I found this guy, and just by looking at his passport I can craft a
URI. Then I can access all his personal details and viceversa, others
will know that I found him.

This NIN scheme should be taken seriously...