Re: National Identification Number URIs ( NIN URIs )

Sounds like a good idea.

In the US all of the police and law enforcement organizations have unique
ID's, which the Nlets <http://www.nlets.org/> network has geo-encoded, which
in turn helps build more intelligent GIS data.

I work in the building industry with a focus on life safety and fire
departments - specifically exchanging open floor plans. But fire departments
don't have nationwide unique IDs. Let alone world wide.

The more simple solutions that can be created like you have proposed, the
easier it will be at some point to create maps between "all countries have
code points in different schemes" so urgent messages can be directed where
they need to go at a moments notice.

Deborah MacPherson

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Aldo Bucchi <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All countries have a National Identification Number scheme ( NIN ).
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number
>
> Also, all countries have code points in different schemes.
>
> So, can't we combine both to create a de-facto URI for people based on
> country ids?
>
> For example: http://dbpedia.org/nin/cl/14168212
> That would be me based on my Chilean NIN.
>
> Is there some namespace for this already?
>
> When you have real world problems, like we have now in Chile, it is
> simple solutions like these that would make integration easier.
>
> For example, we have assigned a NS for chilean IDs. But some of the
> missing people here are tourists and we the only IFP we have is their
> national ID ( not emails ).
>
> Thx,

> Aldo Bucchi
> skype:aldo.bucchi
> http://www.univrz.com/
> http://aldobucchi.com/
>
> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
> This message is only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
> If
> you are not the intended recipient, please do not distribute or copy this
> communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead, please notify us
> immediately by
> return e-mail.

Deborah L. MacPherson CSI CCS, AIA
Specifications and Research Cannon Design
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics

The content of this email may contain private
and confidential information. Do not forward,
copy, share, or otherwise distribute without
explicit written permission from all correspondents.