Re: Slightly off topic - content negotiation by language accept headers

Hmmm, interesting...

FYI, I'm flying Chrome 6.0.437.3 dev on Ubuntu..."Weird..." ;)

John

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Michael Smethurst
<michael.smethurst@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Thanks for the tips. Seems our Chrome versions aren't quite the same. I'm on
> MacOS (5.0.375.70) and...
>

> On 23/06/2010 19:48, "John Erickson" <olyerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's how you specific your language preferences in Chrome:
>>
>> * In the "Customize" menu (the wrench) select "Options"
>
> I have no "options" under customise; only "preferences"
>
>> * Select the "Under the Hood" tab
>
> Yup
>
>> * Scroll down-down-down to "Web Content" area
>
> Yup
>
>> * Select "Change font and language settings"
>
> Nope. I see only a "change font settings" button. No mention there (or
> elsewhere as far as I can see of language settings)
>
>> * Select the "Language" tab
>> * Add the languages of your choosing, in order of preference
>>
>> John
>
> Looks like support is fairly patchy even across different versions of the
> same (modern) browser :-(
>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
http://bitwacker.wordpress.com
olyerickson@gmail.com
Twitter: @olyerickson