Re: [foaf-protocols] ACL Append

Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> 2010/6/18 Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
>
>> 'If I want to say that I want to be your friend, for example, I could
>> write that as a simple one-line statement into a "friend requests" file
>> which you allow me write access to. In fact, I only need append access,
>> and not even read or general write access to that list.'
>>

> What would the one line statement equivalent to 'I want to be your friend'
> be?

Good question, needs some though I think - technically is it even a
friends request? asking somebody to say that they 'know' you.

I think we can safely say that the one line statement should be a single
triple, as for the precise contents of it, the webid will need to be in
either the ?s or ?o position, and I guess the obvious candidates are:
(where #you is the requester, and #me is the the person who is being
requested)

<#you> foaf:knows <#me> .
this one is inverted, but a statement that I know you, thus double
functionality - 1 it gives us the ping back to say who is saying they
know you, and 2 it can double as a friends request because the human
thing to do is 'ahh i know <#you> too so I'll add you to my foaf'

<#me> foaf:knows <#you> .
depending how you look at it, this ones inverted too, it's basically
saying the triple you want me to add to my foaf, I guess this way also
has it's own benefits, in that it's like a change request stream to a
graph which you can simply run over and approve or disapprove, could
have many uses.

<#you> x:friendRequest <#me> .
Pretty obvious, requires a new ontology and suchlike, limited uses but
very specific.

_:b a x:FriendRequest ;
   x:from <#you> ;
   x:date '2010...' ;
   x:comment 'how are ya mate, thought we better connect!'@en .
Again, very specific, but has the added benefit of strapping on the
date, adding in a comment, and whatever else, so quite extendible.

Changesets
Obvious, handle everything, extendible, could be used as a diff stream,
simply append on requested changes. Basically append 1+ reified
triple(s) with some annotations to an update request uri.

Others?

Best,

Nathan