Re: Discogs Linked Data

Hi,

As already noted the discogs data is still live, but I failed to load
the void description hence the home page not resolving properly.

I'll aim to get that fixed ASAP.

As Kurt pointed out the code for the conversion is available if anyone
needs it. I was intending to try and hack up a fix for the encoding
issue as you've described below. Its not pretty but should do the job.

The cross-links that exist so far are based purely by generating links
based on the existing web page links in the discogs data. So if there
are problems there then these may also be issues with the data.

My overall goal here was to explore a full conversion of the dataset,
using the full music ontology and with as high a fidelity as possible.
However its a spare time project, hence the outstanding issue list.
I'm happy to collaborate with people on extending the code as
required.

I also hope to convince the discogs maintainers to adopt Linked Data also.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds