Re: An introduction of LOD features of EUNIS

Hi Søren

Interesting stuff indeed. Re. the "sites" did you think about linking to
geographical entities in the LOD cloud (Geonames, freebase, DBpedia,
whatever).

For example in the description of http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/sites/AT930056

Using the geolocation elements
<longitude>15.833333333</longitude>
<latitude>46.750000000</latitude>

You can query the geonames webservices for the nearby populated place
http://ws.geonames.org/findNearbyPlaceName?lat=46.750&lng=15.833&type=rdf

Yielding the description of http://sws.geonames.org/2762642/  (Unterspitz,
Austria)

Hence you could easily add to your description the following triple

<http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/sites/AT930056>  foaf:based_near  <
http://sws.geonames.org/2762642/>

Best

Bernard