Re: PRISM data on the LOD cloud?

Hondros, Constantine wrote:
> Thanks,

Hondros,

> I am always looking out for datasets that will make management sit up and take notice of the LOD cloud (my organisation is a *large* global publisher).

Ditto!
> UK and US government datasets have raised awareness that something is happening, but there's nothing like seeing the competition getting involved while you dally in the wings.

Yes, nothing like competition for accelerating opportunity cost
palpability for decision makers!
> Kingsley, I didn't at all understand your answer. The PDF I referenced lists the members of the PRISM consortium, which includes some big names in the publishing world. The point being, if commercial entities are actively using a metadata format that is trivially publishable as Linked Data, then wouldn't we hope to see this ending up in the LOD cloud.
Sure.
> If it isn't, then why not? It would be a worry if the LOD cloud remains the preserve of the non-profit, governmental and academic communities.

My gut reaction re. Data (TBox or ABox) is to get it loaded. Thus, when
I see "Ontology...", I just want to load it, look at it, and then
starting conjuring how it can impact the existing LOD cloud (which is
still a little too ABox oriented).

My PDF comment was just my way of asking for a resource URL so I could
load the ontology into our live LOD cloud cache instance [1] :-)

I assume you've seen the loaded ontology based on my last post re. this
thread?

BTW - you can also query your data via SPARQL, and for scope the Named
Graph IRI is: <urn:idealliance.org:filefolder:data:prism:rdfs> .

Basic dump query:
select * from <urn:idealliance.org:filefolder:data:prism:rdfs> where {?s
?p ?o}

Links:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com -- basic interface for full text queries
(you can also use lookup by URI or rdfs:label tabs)
2.
http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fprismstandard.org%2Fnamespaces%2F1.2%2Fbasic%2F
-- nice way to view the ontology
3. http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql -- SPARQL endpoint should you want query
4. http://lod.openlinksw.com/isparql -- iSPARQL interface to SPARQL
based Query By Example .

I hope I am a little clearer now? We seek the same thing :-)

Kingsley

President & CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com