Re: Show me the money - (was Subjects as Literals)

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>>> The sequence went something like this.
>>>
>>> TimBL Design Issues Note. and SPARQL emergence. Before that, RDF was
>>> simply
>>> in the dark ages.
>>>

>> It's only simple if you weren't there :)
>
> You mean you didn't see me lurking in the dark? :-)
>
> Humor aside, pre Linked Data meme, RDF just wasn't making any tangible
> progress (adoption or comprehension wise) beyond the inner sanctums of the
> Semantic Web community, you know what I mean when I say that, right?

And all I'm saying is that it took a lot of work from a lot of people
(most of whom are on these lists) to get to that stage where it was
capable of breaking out. The state of RDF deployment, tooling,
concepts, specs and community in 2006 was a significant improvement on
what we had in, say 1999. The Linked Data push was a breakthrough, but
it didn't happen in a vacuum or overnight; neither did SPARQL...

cheers,

Dan