Re: Linking HTML pages and data

Bill Roberts wrote:
> Hi Michael - maybe also include the RDFa approach, using about="http://example.org/people/jane#me" ?
>
> And a trivial point, but having introduced the Jane example, maybe better to change the Mogwai examples to use Jane instead?
>
> Thanks for doing this - v useful.

Michael,

We have:
1. Just use generic HTTP URIs in @hrefs i.e. don't cloak them with page
specific URLs
2. <link/> within <head/>
3. RDFa (as per example above)
4. Content Negotiation .

#1 is the most important of all since we still see lots of *mashups*
that source Linked Data oriented Generic HTTP URIs, create nice pretty
presentations from the data object values, but completely cloak the
source URIs. We need to encourage people to apply the "quote/reference
your sources" practice to HTTP network (Intranets or Web) resource
publishing i.e. keep source URIs in view of HTTP user agents using any
of the methods above.

Kingsley

President & CEO
OpenLink Software