Re: [Virtuoso-users] Announcing Virtuoso Open-Source Edition v 6.1.0

Nathan wrote:
> Wow - that's a nice release!
>
> Did I read it correctly; all the cartridges for sponger are now in v6.1???

We just have new Cartridges (Extractor and Meta). The Extractors are
Open Source ( versions 5 & 6) while the Meta Cartridges are commercial only.
> Also didn't note mention of GEO extension, is that for Virtuoso
> Commercial only at this time?

Yes, re. SPARQL-GEO. Thus, the fundamental differentiators between the
Open Source and Commercial Editions come down to:

1. Sponger's Meta Cartridges -- these embellish the basic Extractor
Cartridge generated graphs by performing LOD Cloud (and other Linked
Data Space) lookups and joins
2. SPARQL-GEO & GeoSpatial indexing in general (so it applies to SQL
engine also)
3. Virtual Database Functionality --  RDF Views over ODBC and JDBC
accessible data sources
4. Replication
5. Clustering & High Availability.

Kingsley