Re: Possible Idea For a Sem Web Based Game?

Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 21 November 2010 18:12, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:43:34 +0800
>> Joshua Shinavier <josh@fortytwo.net> wrote:
>>
>>> 1) a "node" should not be *only* a location, but should also include a
>>> game-specific context. E.g. instead of a node for "London", have a
>>> node for "running from zombies in London", with a geo:location link to
>>> the DBpedia resource for London.
>> Yep, that's certainly the idea. A node is equivalent to a page in the
>> CYOA books; not just a physical location. A node may in fact describe a
>> long journey and so describe many locations.
>>
>> The fact that my test nodes correspond with locations is entirely a
>> consequence of the lack of effort and imagination I put into them.
>
> Real world locations might be the way forward.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMQ5DFkU794
>
> Is this linked data done right?

IMHO it's half the point of linked data, for the internet of things and
augmented reality to come together properly requires an open, meshed,
universal data structure that's distributed and not silo based, there's
simply no way to augment the real world with digital data from a single
source or silo - thus, in many respects, that video and game is, imo,
linked data /consumed/ correctly, and can only be done with linked data.

Best,

Nathan