Re: Announce: Linked Data Patterns book

Peter Ansell wrote:
> If there was an annotation, there should be an equivalency
> relationship defined to the original URI, so Y would link back to X,
> and Z would link back to Y, and possibly X.

But if Y and Z are for two independent annotations of X, should they
link to each other?

If yes, I don't see how really different this is from linking X to the
documents containing the annotations (rdfs:seeAlso). Both ways rely on
some publisher(s) being willing to link to some extraneous data.
Moreover, in the X-only case, only the original authority needs to do
that, whereas in the many-URI case, we need multiple links all over the
place to connect the annotations to each other and make them
discoverable.

If no, then neither Y nor Z are discoverable from anywhere in the LD
web, and there's no need to mint these URIs in the first place.

--
Vasiliy Faronov