Re: how to consume linked data

On Friday 25. September 2009 10:15:34 you wrote:
> sorry if I sound negative, I reckon the semweb is a done deal now, the
> many-eyeballs arrived.

Thanks for asking the right questions, Danny, I believe it is critical for
the success that someone does!

> but - where should we take it?

What I'd like to do with it, is to solve problems for people when combining
data sets that are cannot be solved by conventional means, i.e. today the
number of people who are interested in a particular combination of datasets
goes down whereas the cost generally goes up, so it doesn't scale.

I think there is a critical piece of technology that is missing in our
arsenal, namely a (free software) programming stack that makes a large
group of developers, who are likely to have little prior understanding of
semweb, to go "yeah, I can do that".

I think the work done by the Drupal folks is a right step in this
direction, for the kind of stuff that people use a CMS for. But I think
that we also need a stack, probably built around the MVC pattern, that can
be used for more generic purposes.

I haven't got anywhere with my ideas on this topic though...

Kjetil