Re: The Power of Virtuoso Sponger Technology

Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
>> The Web of Linked
>> Data shouldn't be about mass crawling (search engine style) etc...
>>

> It has to be. How would you answer a query like "all offers for a book
> written by a German author" without crawling the relevant data sets?

To qualify my response:
It shouldn't be about mass crawling (search engine style) that results
in Google or Yahoo! style indexes.

It should be about smart walking and indexing that uses HTTP to device
smart cache invalidation schemes and Linked Data oriented URIs, for
smart pathways.

The comment: does Sindice Index Sponger URIs is not the answer.  Just as
the Sponger indexing Sindice isn't the answer. Both services can use
their data pathways to make newer and better pathways depending on the
query at hand. Basically,  "No Mass Dumb Crawling & Indexing" is what I
am  trying to relay via my comments :-)

If we stick with the traditional search approach, how do we deal with
the "change sensitivity" factor re: "all offers for a book written by a
German author" ?

Kingsley

President & CEO