Re: RDF Update Feeds + URI time travel on HTTP-level

Herbert Van de Sompel wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2009, at 3:51 AM, Nathan wrote:
>> Danny Ayers wrote:
>>> What Damian said. I keep all my treasures in Subversion, it seems to
>>> work.
>>>

>> 3rd that; whilst the http time travel conversation goes on - I can't
>> help feeling that going down the date header route is only going to end
>> up in something nobody uses; because it doesn't provide any
>> implementation details to the developer, and thus nobody will adopt it.
>

> Nathan,
>
> Isn't it a bit early in the game to make such a statement? The research
> results from the memento project were just published in a paper, 2 weeks
> ago. Give us a little time and we'll have implementation guidelines up
> on the memento web site. And, as I indicated before, we have plans to
> write this up as an I-D => RFC.

certainly is, and as mentioned off list, the sincerest of apologies; I
think memento is a fascinating idea, and something that definitely needs
spec'd and hopefully implemented.

feeling the stress of an impending deadline, and it just so happens that
some form of rdf synchronisation is needed, and thus any involvement
from me was on my own private agenda of getting something client
passable working for next week; not the time to be sending off emails to
mailing lists - think I'll be quiet till time is free again, unless I
have something useful to contribute!

many regards,

nathan