Re: RDF Update Feeds + URI time travel on HTTP-level

From: Herbert Van de Sompel <hvdsomp@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:56:52 -0700
Cc: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, "Michael L. Nelson" <mln@cs.odu.edu>, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
To: nathan@webr3.org
On Nov 25, 2009, at 3:51 AM, Nathan wrote:
> Danny Ayers wrote:
>> What Damian said. I keep all my treasures in Subversion, it seems
>> to work.
>>

> 3rd that; whilst the http time travel conversation goes on - I can't
> help feeling that going down the date header route is only going to
> end
> up in something nobody uses; because it doesn't provide any
> implementation details to the developer, and thus nobody will adopt
> it.

Nathan,

Isn't it a bit early in the game to make such a statement? The
research results from the memento project were just published in a
paper, 2 weeks ago. Give us a little time and we'll have
implementation guidelines up on the memento web site. And, as I
indicated before, we have plans to write this up as an I-D => RFC.

Cheers

Herbert

==
Herbert Van de Sompel
Digital Library Research & Prototyping
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Research Library
http://public.lanl.gov/herbertv/
tel. +1 505 667 1267