Re: RDF Update Feeds + URI time travel on HTTP-level

Nathan wrote:
> Damian Steer wrote:

>>> [snips]

>>> Sounds good to me too, but x-headers are a jump, I think perhaps it's
>>> a question worthy of throwing at the W3C TAG - pretty sure they've
>>> looked at similar stuff in the past, but things are changing fast...
>>>
>> See also http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3253
>>
>> Subversion is a partial deltav implementation. It may well be the only deployed implementation.
>>

> surely virtuoso webdav w/ ods breifcase can be classed as a deployed
> implementation; unsure of status re forking etc but most of it's there
> and functioning v well.
>
> nathan

Nathan,

Yes, but as usual we prefer to wait for some kind of consensus, and then
we just put the relevant aspect of Virtuoso into play. In a nutshell,
this is why we committed to industry standards from the get-go, since
doing so reduces this kind of work to functionality orchestration :-)

WebDAV, Atom Pub, GData etc.. have all existed inside Virtuoso for a
long time, but on their own the net effect has sometimes been confusion
(due to value pyramid inversion on the part of its beholders). We also
see XMPP (which you've alluded to recently, and bugged about by Danbri
for sometime) and XMPP++ (Google Wave) as interesting. Ditto
PubSubHubBub etc..

Also note, replication and synchronization e.g., via transaction logs
(in the most sophisticated cases) is something Virtuoso has handled
across SQL DBMS engines that provide API  access to transaction logs for
eons, so this is all very familiar territory. I still remember
confusion, at advent of blogging, when we indicated the existence of
Atom and RSS aggregation and indexing support inside Virtuoso (sure you
can Google up on that) :-)

Giovanni: why isn't the RDFsync protocol (from yourself and Orri) part
of this conversation? My silence during this conversation has been
deliberate :-)

President & CEO