Re: RDF Update Feeds + URI time travel on HTTP-level

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:49:02 +0000
To: Damian Steer <d.steer@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Herbert Van de Sompel <hvdsomp@gmail.com>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Damian Steer wrote:
> On 22 Nov 2009, at 09:39, Danny Ayers wrote:
>
>> 2009/11/22 Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>:
>>> On 20 Nov 2009, at 19:07, Chris Bizer wrote:
>> [snips]
>>
>>> From a web architecture POV it seems pretty solid to me. Doing stuff via
>>> headers is considered bad if you could just as well do it via links and
>>> additional URIs, but you can argue that the time dimension is such a
>>> universal thing that a header-based solution is warranted.
>> Sounds good to me too, but x-headers are a jump, I think perhaps it's
>> a question worthy of throwing at the W3C TAG - pretty sure they've
>> looked at similar stuff in the past, but things are changing fast...
>
> See also http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3253
>
> Subversion is a partial deltav implementation. It may well be the only deployed implementation.

surely virtuoso webdav w/ ods breifcase can be classed as a deployed
implementation; unsure of status re forking etc but most of it's there
and functioning v well.

nathan