Re: fw: Google starts supporting RDFa -- 'rich snippets'

Daniel O'Connor wrote:

>     It is hard to accept their goals so far since they made up a new
>     vocabulary for RDFa instead of matching the FOAF support that
>     SearchMonkey gives, and the URI's they provide for don't contain valid
>     top level domain names when the RDFa properties are joined with the
>     prefixes so it looks a little weird when you actually serialise it to
>     RDF.
>

> What it looks like to me is they started with hcard, went off,
> implemented support for that, along the way discovered rdfa, thought
> "Neat! I bet I could do a vcard in this!" and ended up here.
>
> It feels like a 20% project which isn't quite up to the usual
> standard, and they've given these guys a bit of free reign to play
> with the idea.
>
> I'd prefer to assume innocent intentions and fumbling rather than
> malicious intent.

All,

I desperately hope that you can see the Google is providing a huge
opportunity to showcase Linked Data meme value. Again, so what -- if
they don't use existing vocabularies? What matters is that they are
using RDFa to produce structured data, and that is simply huge!!!

President & CEO