Re: AW: fw: Google starts supporting RDFa -- 'rich snippets'

Chris Bizer wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> don't know. In a O'Reilly about Google's RDFa support, Guha says that they draw and plan to draw from existing vocabularies.
>
> "And we're not going to do this all by ourselves. As it is, we are drawing from several sources. We're drawing from microformats. We're drawing from vCard. And there are other places that you will see. And there's other people who know more about their topics than we could possibly know. And we'll draw on all of these things. So to come back and answer your question, we hope that the scope of this will be substantially more than the scope of all the particular data types that work today by microformats."
>
> See http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/05/google-adds-microformat-parsin.html
>

> Cheers
>
> Chris

All,

Even if Google makes up their own vocabulary, so what? Is this whole
game about meshing structured data? This is simply a case of meshing
their vocabulary with other vocabularies.

btw - the UMBEL framework has existed with this sort of thing in mind
for eons. Middleware style integration isn't an ABox realm constrained
activity, you can integrate in the TBox realm, and in actuality this is
where the real magic will happen :-)

Links:

1. http://umbel.org/

Kingsley